For a detailed description of our events click on the link to the right of this page.
International meetings: click the link on the right to read about these.
Dates For Your Diary:
Please see dates for your diary below. All live events, open for registration are highlighted in RED.
Balint Weekends/ 2 Day Events:
Oxford Balint Weekend 2021 – 1st -3rd October 2021
The Balint Society is really happy to invite you to a live event again, the very longstanding Oxford Balint Weekend. It’s taking place the first weekend in October, from 6:30 pm Friday the 1st till noon on Sunday the 3rd. It is a great place as a first introduction to Balint work, to participate in an ordinary group for your own practice, for further leadership training, and to meet the Balint community.
** Please note registration for this event has now closed. If you are interested in attending and missed the closing date please email the Administrator – email@example.com.
Event General Information:
- Start & Finish Time: The conference commences on Friday evening 6.30 pm and ends on Sunday at 12 noon.
- Fees: The conference fee includes accommodation and food unless you select non-residential. Non-residential includes all meals except breakfast.
- Cancellation Policy: Please note the Balint Society cancellation policy (to the right). We will be unable to refund any residential bookings after the 17th September 2021 as this is when we need to provide final numbers to the university and will therefore be charged if we cancel after this date – if we can fill your reservation then you will receive a refund minus the £25 administration fee.
- Contact: for any queries regarding this event, please contact Dr. David Watt: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Timetable: Oxford 2021 Timetable
Balint Day Events:
Saturday 20th November 2021 – Half Day Online Workshop for Students
We are pleased to be able to offer an online workshop for students on the 20th November 2021, starting at 9.30am until 1.30pm.
The workshop is to help you understand some of the complexities of the consultation, and the clinician-patient relationship.
Includes a short introduction, a demonstration Balint group, followed by the opportunity to participate in small Balint groups discussing your own clinical interactions in a confidential setting.
For further information and to register please click here: Half Day Workshop for Students
Friday 3rd December 2021 – Bristol Balint Study Day & Annual Dinner
We are pleased to be able to offer an in-person Bristol study day this year and delighted to host the Balint Society Annual Dinner 2021 in Bristol.
The Study Day will take place on Friday 3rd December 2021 at Engineers House in Bristol, and will be of interest to clinicians and trainees from a range of disciplines and those interested in Balint, in leading Balint groups, and for experienced Balint leaders and supervisors.
The Annual Dinner is a social event open to both members and non-members and their guests and there will be presentations during the evening focusing on the development of Balint group work in Bristol
For further information and to register please click here: Bristol Balint Study Day & Annual Dinner
Group Leaders’ Peer Supervision Workshops
- Birmingham Leaders’ Peer Supervision Group: If you are leading a group, or are interested in becoming a leader, this is for you. The intention is to provide supervision support in a group setting. We meet every two months at Edgbaston Golf Club, Birmingham, B15. The meeting is usually on the third Thursday of the month, from 7-9pm. Please contact Dr Shake Seigel for further information.
- Tavistock/London Leaders’ Peer Supervision Group : Please contact David Watt if you are interested in presenting your group. Meetings usually take place at the Tavistock Clinic, 120 Belsize Lane, London NW3 5BA however at present due to Covid-19 they are to be held online using the Zoom platform. Next meeting dates as follows: Tuesday 3rd November, Thursday 4th February, Tuesday 4th May 2021. All meetings begin at 8pm and end at 10pm.
- North East Peer Supervision Group: Please contact Jane Dammers if you would like to attend or present your group. The Balint leaders peer supervision group is open to anybody in the region who is running a Balint group. We meet for 2 hours and have time to discuss one or two groups as well as discussing some more general issues. There is no charge for this group. If you know anybody who is involved in Balint and is not on the mailing list please feel free to invite them to come along. The next meeting will take place 10am – 11.30am on Zoom, Thursday 23rd September 2021.
- North West Leaders’ Peer Supervision Group: Please contact Ceri Dornan if you would like to attend this or future meetings. Next meeting: to be decided.