Leadership Accreditation Criteria and Pathway, Training Programme and Supervision
To join the Balint Society leadership accreditation pathway, you will first need to become a MEMBER of the society. Membership needs to be maintained once you have become accredited.
To become accredited, you will need to:
- Have experience of being in a Balint group led by an accredited leader;
- Have experience of leading Balint groups and supervision with an accredited leader;
- Attend Balint Society leadership training days and weekends.
Pathway to Accreditation
- You can register on the accreditation pathway by completing the Leadership Accreditation Application Form detailing all your experience of Balint work and send it to the leadership team at email@example.com.
- The leadership team will advise you on a training pathway appropriate to your needs.
- You will need to have supervision from an accredited leader once you start leading/coleading groups and may want to start this supervision in anticipation of leading a group especially if this is a new group forming. Supervision is normally one to one. The leadership team can put you in touch with an appropriate supervisor.
- Discuss your progress with your supervisor. If you or your supervisor have any queries please contact the leadership team.
- Keep a record on your form of Balint groups you attend, those you lead, and Balint Society events you attend.
- When ready for accreditation, send your up to date accreditation form, and a reference from your supervisor to the leadership team.
- Your accreditation will be reviewed by the leadership team who will advise you if they are happy to put you forward to the next council meeting for consideration. If not, they will advise what further experience they feel would be appropriate.
- The Balint Society council is responsible for agreeing a person’s accreditation. Appeals can be made directly to the council about any decision.
- After accreditation we recommend that all leaders continue ongoing supervision, individually and/or in a group.
- Join a local Balint leaders’ peer supervision group if you can.
- If you would like to discuss starting a peer supervision group in your area, please contact the leadership team.
- Many leaders also find it useful to be in a Balint group themselves. There are opportunities to do this at Balint weekends.
Useful Information & Links:
- Leadership Team Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Balint Society Membership Application Form – Membership Application Form.
- Leadership Accreditation Application Form – Leadership Accreditation Application Form.
- Supervisor Reference Form – Supervisor Reference for Balint Leadership Form.
- Balint Society Events – Details of training days, weekends and regional peer supervision groups can be found on our events page. Events are normally posted at least three months in advance.