‘Balint at 50: from Foundation to the Future’
Content of the day and session recordings
Welcome to the day: Caroline Palmer, President of Balint Society UK
Balint & his Psychoanalytic Legacy
- Michael Balint in Hungary: Raluca Soreanu.
- His early years at the Tavistock Clinic, work with Enid & GPs: Jennifer Johns.
- Psychoanalysis within current Balint Work: Gearoid Fitzgerald.
The GP Experience of early groups, & the birth of the Balint Society
Chair: Paul Julian
- Jimmy Carne: ‘From the Long Case to Six Minutes for the Patient’.
- John Salinsky: The establishment of the Society, & remembering Mike Courtenay.
23rd Michael Balint Memorial Lecture: “Balint and Virtue Ethics” by Peter Toon
From The Psychiatrist’s Chair.
Chair: Anne Patterson
- ‘Balint from the Cradle to the Grave’: James Johnston
- Balint & me: Khushi Ghazanfar (not included)
Cum Scientia Caritas: Balint in General Practice
Chair: Ceri Dornan
- GP registrar Balint groups, & the care home pilot group: Suni Perera.
- GP Balint groups & hospital groups: David Watt.
- The Academy and Balint Research: Andrew Elder.
Into the Future! Student Balint Experiences & Plans
Chair: Sarah Majid
- Balint Essay Prize Winner 2018: Inseo Yun (Edinburgh) (not included)
- ‘From membership to leadership’: Scarlett Tankard. (Bristol)
- Setting up the Pan-London Medical Student Balint Society: Eamonn Marshall.